Head of Architecture
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading team of architects having complementary competencies for building and maintaining software systems required for business growth.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance to the engineering teams.
- Mentor architects and software engineering teams.
- Establish and enforce standard company policies and procedures that adhere to software development standards.
- Planning strategy for product technological growth in response to business long term plans or trends visible in similar products considered as more mature.
- Defining key non-functional requirements and negotiating its priority with Product Department.
- Defining efficient monitoring strategy for key software and hardware elements of the product.
- Monitoring costs of infrastructure used under the product and advising optimisations.
- Actively propagate outcomes of the architecture team work and monitor its implementation.
- Creating long-term IT growth vision (3 years’ horizon) and documenting in IT Strategy document.
- Actively monitoring IT and business trends in iGaming to support continuous innovation and improvements at Genesis that can be applied in the product and evangelize within development teams.
- Ongoing verification of technology stack at Genesis Bluebird (using applicable measurement methods and “voice of programmers”).
- Actively monitoring backlog.
- Becoming Genesis Bluebird ambassador via participation in conferences and meet-ups, supporting development of company brand via online channels and social media (blog, Linkedin etc.)
- Supporting recruitment process at Genesis Bluebird in social media.
- 10 years of experience working on multiple IT roles (at least 3 years in a managerial role, at least 3 years as tech lead or software architect).
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Quick adaptability to changes and “can do” attitude.
- Open-minded, easy going with ability to see “bigger picture” of current and future status.
- Strong communication (both Polish and English) and diplomacy skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- You accept that the role will require, on occasion, anti-social hours.