Group Licensing & Regulatory Manager
Legal & Compliance
About the role
The role of Group Licensing & Regulatory Manager is key in ensuring in collaboration with the Head of Compliance, the timely and effective license application in multiple jurisdictions across Genesis group of companies multi-vertical worldwide operations. As the Group Licensing Officer, you are responsible to ensure the license application requirements of the jurisdiction in scope for existing or future operations are identified, understood and broken down in a streamlined license application plan then processed on behalf of the company. Understanding the license maintenance and renewal requisites to hand them over to the regional compliance officer is also an important part of the role.
The Group Licensing & Regulatory Officer works closely with different departments to compile the necessary information, documentation and input to meet the formal criteria of a license application, draw a plan and assign a point of contact for each concerned department. Collaboration with Compliance team members, other departments such as Legal and Finance and external parties is required to round up relevant and accurate information. The Group Licensing & Regulatory Officer is able to apply a business mindset to his role and help resolve problems in collaboration with other stakeholders: High-level concerns or lower granularity problems.
The Group Licensing & Regulatory Officer mission is to support the Head of Compliance in building, developing and implementing the set of licenses and authorizations required of B2B and B2C operators to operate in accordance with the legislation of a wide range of jurisdictions, including the United States.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of various licence applications as well as license renewal activities together with the Head of Compliance.
- Collates information relating to different jurisdictions licence application process and its requisites, seeks further information when required.
- Collates information to maintain and renew a licence or similar authorisation in accordance with new or existing jurisdiction’s legislation.
- Responsible for maintaining the Group licensing requirements and schedule database across new and existing jurisdictions.
- Assess licensing application against formal criteria to provide an efficient and effective application plan in accordance with the group policies, procedures and operator’s needs.
- Collaborate with the Head of Compliance in defining the company operational set-up to be reflected in the license application as per Genesis Group policies and processes
- Collaborate with appointed external counsels when required to clarify application items, general process and timelines and suitable courses of action.
- Collaborate with the different departments in retrieving documentation and information necessary to the license application.
- Manage and organize the creation of licensing documentation, diagrams, internal and external compliance processes and workflow with the various internal resources as well as any other relevant ancillary materials needed for the license application
- Collaborate with the regional compliance officers in handing over license maintenance requirements and activities plan/schedule
- Report of license application progress, status update, interaction with authorities as well as identify and discuss mitigation resolution to blockers with the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer
- Provide license application information and status update to both internal and external stakeholders, create visual material to cater to a different audience
- Working with the Head of Compliance on different regulatory projects & assignments
- Staying on top of all changes and amendments to relevant regulations impacting Genesis's Group licenses and authorization in collaboration with the regional compliance officers
- Any other tasks assigned by the employer within the scope of the employment as Group Licensing & Regulatory Officer
The above duties give an overall picture of the day to day responsibilities. They are not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business needs.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3 years + experience in a similar position
- You have legal or paralegal experience in the gaming industry
- You have held similar responsibilities in any EU or US jurisdictions in other gaming companies
- You have worked with corporate compliance and are comfortable drafting supporting documentation
- You have good project management skills, assessing priorities and finding the best way forward
- You are able to articulate complex issues so they are simple to understand
- You are good at building relationships both externally and internally
- You have an excellent command of English, both spoken and written
Bonus points if you:
- Are passionate about gambling in general and product in particular
- Have B2C experience, with legal or compliance company experience
- Capable of managing your workload notwithstanding competing priorities
- Respond positively to change, communicate effectively about workload or priority conflict
- Are a true self-starter, autonomous yet a real team player
At Genesis we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment. We believe that our employees are our main asset and we make sure that we walk the talk. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide daily lunch, regular team events, Comprehensive Health Insurance and other benefits. This position is based in Malta and we are looking to recruit as soon as possible.